Thursday, February 14, 2008

Everlasting Love


I thought I'd share a shoot I did last weekend with my parents. My parents have been married for 55 amazing years. They have 3 children and 3 grand-children. They inspire me to be the best spouse possible, they have taught me that is takes hard work, patience, and communication to make it work.

I took the time this morning to read some authors, poets, and philosophers intimate thoughts on the subject of Love....here are a few of my favorite:

Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. -author unknown

When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start right then - author unknown

A happy marriage is a long converstaion which always seems too short. - Mauroios

Many years ago when I was engaged I was in the hair salon flipping though a magazine when I came across this poem. I wrote it down and have kept it all these years, It inspired and comforted me, so today I will share it with you.

What is Love?

Whatis Love?
What can it be?
It's not the romance
You see on T.V...
Love is everyday problems
Being shared by two...
A leaky faucet,
A bill overdue...

A crying baby,
A car that won't run
A delayed special dinner,
With the roast overdone...
A missed appointment
A loss in pay...
Those little setbacks
We face everyday...

Yes love is not something
That money can bring...
It's knowing that together
We can face anything.
-Joanne Barnes
Once last thing I have to offer for this Valentine holiday, if you know anyone who has been married for over 50 years and would like to have their portraits made for a limited time I am offering a FREE portrait session. Please contact us for details (904)347-4018

No comments: